Ursula is qualified both as a German Rechtsanwältin and an Irish solicitor, and has practised in a number of law firms across Europe, EU institutions and a large international company.
She has experience in a broad range of commercial areas that complemented her extensive knowledge in the areas of taxation and investment into Ireland. She combines this extensive network with her business acumen to help create business opportunities for her clients. She is fluent in English, French and German and is a regular speaker at legal and tax conferences in Europe and the United States. Ursula works closely with the following organisations:
- German Embassy in Dublin
- German Bar Association (DAV) and Hanseatic Bar Association Hamburg
- Austrian Embassy in Dublin
- Austrian Economic Chambers (WKO)
- Ireland Spain Economic Association (ISEA)
- Member of the European Bar Association DACH
- Member of the Board of the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Institute of Directors (IOD)
- German Irish Chamber of Industry & Commerce (Council member 2015 – 2017)
- Ireland France Chamber of Commerce (Council member 2013 – 2017)
What clients say:
" Ursula does not just bring her pan European legal and tax knowledge to our project, she has an excellent commercial attitude and an extensive business network which has been hugely beneficial to us as well. "
" Ursula is an effective communicator
and always keeps us fully informed on the progress of any matters
she is handling for us "
Chambers & Partners Europe 2016
Highly regarded for her expertise in German tax law. She graduated from the University of Münster in Germany, and is currently the vice-president of the German Irish Lawyers and Business Association.
Ursula Tipp has ‘rare international expertise and perspective which is difficult to find’, and gives advice which is ‘second to none’. Clients range from overseas companies to high-net-worth individuals.
- Bader/Oppel/Tipp, Ursula: Die Besteuerung internationaler Holdinggesellschaften (taxation of international holding companies)
(Herne: NWB, 2021)
- Mennel/Förster/Tipp, Ursula: Steuern in Europa, Amerika und Asien, Steuern in Irland (Taxes in Europe, America and Asia, taxes in Ireland)(Hamm: NWB, 2023)
- Tipp, Ursula: Rechtstipps für Exporteure: Irland; (Tips for exporters: Ireland) (Cologne: Bundesagentur für Auβenwirtschaft, 2008)
- Tipp, Ursula: S’implanter en Irlande (To establish in Ireland) (Marseille: Editions UBIFRANCE, 2008)
International Tax- and Commercial law (IWB)
- Tipp, Ursula: Die irische Steuerpolitik im BEPS-Kontext (Irish tax policy in the BEPS context); IWB 2023 p.362 (Herne: NWB, 2023)
- Tipp, Ursula: Die aktuelle irische Unternehmensbesteuerung (The current corporate taxation in Ireland); IWB 2014 p.314 (Herne: NWB, 2014)
- Tipp, Ursula: Das neue Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen zwischen Deutschland und Irland (The new double taxation treaty between Germany and Ireland); IWB 2012 p.503 (Herne: NWB, 2012)
- Tipp, Ursula: Die Bauabszugssteuer in Irland – Relevant Contract Tax (RCT) in Ireland; IWB 2012 p.750 (Herne: NWB, 2012)
- Tipp, Ursula: Der irische Staatshaushalt und das Jahressteuergesetz 2011 (The Irish budget and the Finance Act 2011); IWB 2011 p.139 (Herne: NWB, 2011)
- Tipp, Ursula: Aktuelle Änderungen im Steuerrecht zur Förderung der irischen Wirtschaft (Tax incentives for companies); IWB 2010 p.727 (Herne: NWB, 2010)
WKO reports (Reports for the Austrian trade-mission)
- Tipp, Ursula: Irland, Bau- und Montagearbeiten (Ireland, Construction and installation work);(Vienna : Aussenwirtschaft Austria, 2019)
- Tipp, Ursula: Irland, Firmengründung und Steuern (Ireland, Company formation and taxes);(Vienna : Aussenwirtschaft Austria, 2019)
- Tipp, Ursula: Irland, Eigentum und Forderung (Ireland, Property related matters and debt collection);(Vienna : Aussenwirtschaft Austria, 2019)
Winner of the “Client Choice Award” for Corporate Tax in 2012 and 2013.
Ursula Tipp was a Lecturer with National University of Ireland Maynooth (NUI Maynooth) for many years until December 2022 and is a regular commentator on radio and TV.
View Michael O'Connor's profile